Diddy rushes to settle lawsuit with Cassie after hotel video surfaces

Diddy rushes to settle lawsuit with Cassie after hotel video surfaces


Diddy rushes to settle lawsuit with Cassie after hotel video surfaces

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs hardly took a day to reach to a settlement agreement with Casandra ‘Cassie’ Ventura last year.

A former CIA and FBI agent, Tracy Walder, revealed that the rapper hurriedly wrapped things up because of the recently surfaced surveillance video.

On May 17, Friday CNN released a video from the InterContinental Hotel in Los Angeles showcasing the music mogul in a towel grabbing, kicking and shoving his ex-girlfriend Ventura outside an elevator.

The footage reminded of a scenario depicted in Cassie’s lawsuit as she accused Diddy of rape, sex trafficking and domestic violence.

Ventura narrated the incident where Combs became “extremely intoxicated and punched Ms Ventura in the face, giving her a black eye,” the suit detailed.

The lawsuit alleges that Ventura tried to escape from hotel after Combs fell asleep but failed as she was followed by the rapper into the hallway screaming.

“He grabbed at her, and then took glass vases in the hallway and threw them at her, causing glass to crash around them as she ran to the elevator to escape,” the lawsuit read.

Moving on, Walder in talks with People magazine, asserted that the surveillance video could be the reason why Combs “settled so quickly with his ex-girlfriend Casandra Ventura in November 2023.”

“Diddy never expected the video to get out. It’s very upsetting that this has exceeded its statute of limitations. It does depend on what the charge could be, but it can range from one to three years. Felony assaults in California have a statute of limitations of three years,” said Walder.

“Since this stemmed from a 2016 incident, she wouldn’t be able to file assault or battery charges in Los Angeles. “

“It really throws water on Diddy and his legal team’s argument that the government used too much force in his search warrants,” Walder continued.

She doubts that the music mogul “knew of this video, knew of other things he had been accused of, though he was acquitted of his charges, knew he had an armed security team, and thus this was entirely an appropriate use of force.”

On contrary, Combs has denied all the allegations against him in a statement to the outlet given in December.

“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy,” he said.



Source link

MPardasi65

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *